Whoever delivers quality assurance to others must demonstrate that he himself meets the highest standards.
Mitutoyo is regarded worldwide as a guarantor of quality assurance for companies of all sizes – from specialised local tradesmen to the most important global players of the manufacturing industry.
From this background it is evident that quality assurance is naturally held with high regard in Mitutoyo.
There are many companies of Mitutoyo across the world. Approaches to quality assurance differ from country to country and according to the specific activity of each company.
In order to develop software for Mitutoyo CMMs (Coordinate Measuring Machines), Mitutoyo CTL Germany GmbH has set up a quality management system which meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, and has been certified by a recognised independent Institute. This certification is regularly renewed by external audits.
Error prevention is an important part of our quality management system when developing new functionality. Although that may sound obvious, the matter-of-fact is that error prevention is one of the biggest challenges that software developers have to face, especially on large projects. We face this and other challenges with our commitment to the principles and practices of Clean Code, as established by the independent Clean Code Developer Initiative.
In addition to Mitutoyo CTL Germany GmbH, Germany is also home to the European Mitutoyo calibration laboratory, Mitutoyo Europe GmbH and Mitutoyo Deutschland GmbH. These companies operate comprehensively in accordance with the guidelines and standards of the following nationally and internationally recognized institutions:
- DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle) accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
- VDI (Verein Deutscher Ingenieure) directive compliant. The VDI is the largest engineering association in western Europe whose role is to promote the advancement of technology and to represent the interests of engineers and of engineering businesses in Germany.
- VDE (Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik e.V.) directive compliant. The VDE Association for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies e.V. is one of Europe's largest technical-scientific associations.
- PTB (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt) monitored. PTB is the national institute of natural and engineering sciences and the highest technical authority for metrology and physical safety engineering in Germany.
- DIN (Deutsches Institut für Normung). DIN is the German Institute for Standardisation. There are currently around thirty thousand DIN Standards, covering nearly every field of technology.